 Robotics / 17596
  USB Tower Software without RIS2.0 install

(...) Just run "ReinstallUsbTower.exe" from the CD or copy all files that begin with ltower plus "ReinstallUsbTower.exe" and "TowerApi.dll" to another location (< 350K) and run Reinstall. You do not have to load the remaining RIS2.0 software. -- (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: USB Tower Software without RIS2.0 install

(...) Why so complicated? Just plug in the tower, reboot, Windows will ask for a driver, point it to the CD, voila. Actually this is the procedure recommended by LEGO _before_ installing RIS, so you just skip that second step. Jürgen (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: USB Tower Software without RIS2.0 install

The USB tower on my desk has a small tag near the plug which states "Do not plug the USB-tower before the RIS 2.0 CD-rom is installed." And the box arrived with a yellow slip of paper with the same instructions. I do understand the RIS 2.0 SDK (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)