 Robotics / 17570
  Re: RIS parts questions

Hi Johnathan, Aside from some very minor changes in the parts and the RIS software, the only difference between kits is the RCX 1.0 has an AC jack, which comes in handy for stationary robots like robotic arms or sorting machines. I've heard that the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RIS parts questions

(...) The RCX 1.0 in RIS 1.0 has a jack, the RCX 1.0 in RIS 1.5 doesn't (unfortunately, I have two of them). The 2.0 on the RCX 2.0 is purely for decoration, there's no user visible difference whatsoever to the RCX 1.0 without the jack. Jürgen (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)