 Robotics / 17301
Re: How communication is handled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 23:23:06 GMT

hi Rob,

Rob Limbaugh wrote:

Hello everyone!

Does anyonk know what the RCX does with IR data it sees from the IR module when
it is busy transmitting?

here is some information about IR-tower/communication, also check Kekoa's site
mentioned below
http://baserv.uci.kun.nl/~smientki/Lego_Knex/Lego_electronica/IR_tower/IR_tower.htm

I've set the RCX in a situation where I know the IR it was sending could be
seen by it's own IR detector, yet it didn't appear to have a problem with
that.  This leads me to believe that the data coming in is ignored through
programming or the data line between the IR module and the serial input to the
processor is disabled.

Also, does anyone recall the link to the Hitachi specs for the controller in
the RCX?  I'm looking for the pinouts and function of the controller.

check the site of Kekoa
http://graphics.stanford.edu/%7Ekekoa/rcx/

Thanks,
Rob