 Robotics / 17239
Re: Simple Sensor interface, was Re: Question?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:38:53 GMT

Thanks for adding that information. I had intended the schematic more as an
exmaple than something that someone would run out and try to make. The parts
are all surface mount parts, since I have been building and supplying this
circuit enclosed in a 2x4 brick for certain people that wanted it.

The regulator is made by Seiko and sold by Mouser. It is compatible with
Motorola (On Semiconductor) part number MC78LC50. You may use just about any
micropower low drop out device in this application.

The op-amp is the standard one I use for everything but a bit of overkill on
bandwidth in this application. The key feature is rail to rail input and
output and very low input bias current.

I use the dual diode packages because they take up less space. The key thing
is they are low forward voltage drop schottky types to squeeze that maximum
amount of headroom out of the RCX sensor supply.

JB

Thanks for publishing this... I have trouble locating infos on regulator
"81250", I suppose it is a 5V LDO, but couldn't find manufacturer/datasheet

For other curious people, datasheet of the dual shottky diode MA704 is here:
http://www.semicon.panasonic.co.jp/ds/eng/SKH00074AED.pdf, the opamp here
http://www-s.ti.com/sc/ds/opa2340.pdf (ex Burr Brown, now Texas Instruments)