 Robotics / 17234
17233  |  17235
Subject:
Vision Command...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:49:31 GMT

Greetings Mindstormers,

I have just unwrapped my brand new Vision Command, gawsh... ...I can't wait
to get home and begin playing... ...anyway I am rambling now... ...let me get
back to my original question.

Is there anyway to write software in Java that will receive the input from
the Lego Cam?

I am busy recreating the Mars Mission with the sojurner rover, and I want to
set up a type of Mission Command on my Laptop.

My Laptop will be connected the the IR Tower and Vision Command. The IR Tower
will have a Scout to perform the Pan, Tilt, and Focus functions for the Base
Station.

My Rover will have to RCX's to run around and explore with.

I started writing my Mission Command software in Java (cos I am a Java
Developer by trade), and I was wondering if anyone has tried to control the
cam with a Java Program.

Thanks

p.s. I will posting my Mission to my website soon:
http://www.geekcity.co.za/mindstorms
Currently I haven't finished developing the site yet as I at least need one
completed project before I can share it.