 Robotics / 17215
Re: Question?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 17:06:09 GMT

When set to use "active" sensors, the
inputs actually output power most of the time, switching briefly to
input mode (no power output) to take a reading.

What I don't understand is how this works if the sensor is connected
backwards.

Sure, a bridge rectifier will get the power sorted out but how does the
sensor send back a voltage in the right range? If say "light" is 8V and
"dark" is 0V then when the sensor is connected backwards, "light" will be
0V and "dark" will be 8V.

Can anyone enlighten me. I've tried following links to the light sensor
schematics, etc. but they all seem to be broken.

Peter