 Robotics / 17068
  Row of Racks and 8T Gear, HELP!

Hi All, I'm basically making a plotter. I'm using 2 parallel rows of 1x4 racks as a track. When the powered 8 tooth gear crosses from one rack to the next it tends ride up on top of the teeth of the rack. I can't seem to find out what's going on. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Row of Racks and 8T Gear, HELP!

I suggest you rework and use a 16T gear. I have used rack drives a lot and they do not mesh well with the 8T gear. -- Bob Fay THE SHOP (URL) Barile" <sebarile@sstanamera.com> wrote in message news:Gq1tFE.DHF@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) obstructions (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)