 Robotics / 17041
Re: NQC and RedHat linux 6 on laptop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:39:51 GMT

Jacob Potter wrote:

Umm... COM3 is /dev/ttyS02, and COM4 is /dev/ttyS03. (Remember, COM*
starts at 1, ttyS* starts at 0). Could that be your problem?

   I misspoke. In the BIOS it can be either COM2 or COM4 and it is set to
COM4. I saw it listed in the RH6 startup as ttyS03, and misremembered it as
COM3.

   It is COM4, I am using /dev/ttyS03. No go.

   Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the confusion.

Chris - Xenon
--
  Chris Hanson | Xenon@3DNature.com | I've got friends in low latitudes!
         New WCS 5 Demo Version!     http://www.3DNature.com/demo/