 Robotics / 16966
Re: USB Tower for Win2K and LegOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:17:18 GMT

Hi Rainer,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I now have the latest SDK which includes the Ghost API + USB support.
I am wondering if it may be possible to compile LegOS with Cygwin and pick
up the compiled file with ScriptEd from the SDK and download the compiled
file to the RCX.
This would obviously solve my first problem as well.

I will post full results if successful.

Thanks,

Dave W.

In lugnet.robotics, Rainer Balzerowski writes:
Hi Dave,

I can answer your second question.
You can't find it anywhere, except of RIS 1.0 and RIS 1.5 CD-ROM.
But you can't use anyway. The Spirit.OCX is for use with serial IR-tower !ONLY!

But there is an alternative, the GhostAPI. This should work with serial and USB.
Have a look at:
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=16802

Rainer

In lugnet.robotics, Dave Wightman writes:
Hi Folks,

2 Quick questions.

1. Does anyone have any information on getting the USB tower to work with
Win2K for LegOS. LegOS looks really interesting and good, but for my sins, I
have a Win2K system and RIS 2.0 with USB tower.

2. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Spirit.OCX - it is not
supplied on the RIS 2.0 CD that I can find.

Thanks.

Dave W.