 Robotics / 16953
Re: usb tower linux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:10:36 GMT

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 6. Januar 2002 14:47 schrieb rat@telecoma.net:
has anybody some experince with the usb tower under linux ?

there's a kernel-module http://legousb.sourceforge.net . But I don't
know what to do with it ... 8-)

I successfully compiled it, created a new devicefile /dev/usb/tower0
with major/minor 180/240 and modprobe'd the module. My tower is
recognized (syslog) but how do I use nqc oder the legOS-Tools with it?

BTW I use vmware-WS 3.0 for linux (it has USB-support) with linux as
host and win98 as guest. I compile with nqc under linux and finally
dowload the binary with nqc in win98-vmware. It works the most time but
long binarys or firmware downloads get interrupted. I don't know if
this is a general problem of the vmware USB support (they say that
streaming devices don't work, e.g. webcams) or if my machine is too
slow (with USB enabled vmware the system part of my CPU is nearly 100%
and the load is greater 1).

Regards, Michael.