 Robotics / 16944
  RIS 2.0 starts automatically when I boot PC

Howdy I just upgraded to RIS 2.0 on a Windows 2000 machine (used to have RIS 1.0 on a 486!). Upon booting up the machine, the RIS 2.0 software automatically comes up. I wish to disable this. It's not in the startup group in my Start Menu. I did find (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 starts automatically when I boot PC

(...) There's probably a better way to do this, but what I did was rename LaunchRis2.exe to LaunchRis.exe and fixed the link in the Start menu to point to the new name. Kind of a hack, but it works. - Gary (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS 2.0 starts automatically when I boot PC

This is what I did: Using regedit on win 2000 look under : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\S...ersion\Run for the key: RIS2PostReboot with data (wherever your lego is installed) C:\Program Files\LEGO MINDSTORMS\RIS 2.0\LaunchRIS2.exe Back it up, then remove the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics)