 Robotics / 16932
16931  |  16933
Subject:
remote control 4 the RCX using PIC16F877
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:33:15 GMT

Hello everyone. I've just developed a remote control for the RCX using the
PIC16F877. It's very useful due to the fact that it does not need a
computer, but still needs the ir tower (the serial one, sorry I'll try to
adapt the project tu use the new usb tower whenever Microchip releases their
new PIC  with usb support). So if anyone needs it please send me a mail to
crendon@ieee.org I don't publish it here because it's a little bit large.
The project is in development (I think it'll olways be, because I'd like to
be upgrading it whenever a new thing is released), and by the moment is
reduced, but still functional.

    One more thing: the project assumes (and is indispensable) to have the
original firmware from lego, (I know, I prefer LegOS, but I've just changed
the OS of my RCX (I'm new), so I'm trying to understand the way LegOS is
communicating with the RCX (anyone has a good link in order to complete the
picture?). Also I'd like to develop this project with more people, so like
samsung's slogan "Everyone is invited".

--
CarlosLuis Rendón M.
Network Manager