 Robotics / 16797
RE: RIS2 Upgrade on W95 & Pentium(I)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:01:46 GMT

Well the concern there is that RIS2.0 uses a USB IR tower - which is not
natively supported by W95. If you can get USB working, then you might be
alright...

HTH,

James.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Mike McKeever
Sent: 20 December 2001 21:44
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com; lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: RIS2 Upgrade on W95 & Pentium(I)

Has anyone succeeded in getting the upgrade to work on
less-than-minimum-requirement PCs?

In their infinite wisdom, LEGO has "upgraded" the minimum platform
for the RIS. I'd like to be able to run it on my existing machine.
Moving up to W98 is possible though painfull, but getting a PII or
better is not in the budget...

Thanks,
Mike