 Robotics / 16755
16754  |  16756
Subject:
Installation Problem: RIS2.0 USB on Fast Athlon ??????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 04:04:47 GMT

Anyone heard of this?? Getting desparate!!

I have installed RIS2.0 on about 12 machines of various types
at the local school, and on my wife's IBM laptop: no problems.

I recently built a new machine. Fast (1.4G) AMD Athlon, 512M,
ASUS motherboard. I get ALMOST all the way thru installation
from the CD, and get the little window: "Installing USB software".
(This is BEFORE trying to plug in the tower, as instructed). As I
recall this takes seconds in a normal install. (LATER you are instructed
at startup to connect and install the USB tower, IF you can install!)
BUT: I get a window: "ERROR INSTALLING USB SOFTWARE   -5  "

I have talked to Lego Tech Support; they weren't familiar with this.
They suggested a couple of fixes from Microsoft for WIN98SE, and
latest drivers. Done that. No change.

USB works fine with my Olympus camera.  But I really want to develop
some RIS and NQC code for the classes I'm doing!!!

Any suggestions or similar problems ???

Thanks!

Terry King

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont
tking@waitsriver.k12.vt.us