 Robotics / 16736
16735  |  16737
Subject:
Vision Command / Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:29:25 GMT

This may have already been addressed at some point. Could not pass up on a
good deal and picked up the Vision Command for $30 CAD.  I had read on this
NG before that there may have been issues with how this camera worked under
Win2K and as a stand-alone camera. So I decided to test it.

I already have a Logitech Quickcam Express on the machine with software
installed. Plugged the VC in - was detected and setup in seconds.  The
current Logitech software that I have happily made the VC vailable for my
use... No complaints. Just have to switch cameras in the options. The nice
part about this is the VC is 640x480 while my Express is 320x160..  The
camera shows up as the Logitech QuickCam Web (obvious as it is Logitech
inside).  So, if there is anyone out there that wants to use this camera for
simple web-cam, picture taking etc... it will work under the conditions that
I described above. I have not yet tried to install the VC software on W2K..
Just did the above for a test...  Will likely do it all on my Laptop....

Dave