 Robotics / 1672
    Pattern in RCX opcodes. —Vadim Strizhevsky
   Did anyone notice that the last hex digit of the RCX opcodes uniquely (well almost) identifies number of bytes that the opcode takes as arguments? 0,6 -> void 1,7 -> 1 byte 2 -> 2 bytes. 3 -> 3 bytes. 4 -> 4 bytes. 5 -> 5 bytes I think the only (...) (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pattern in RCX opcodes. —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) This is certainly used by the ROM. I believe Paul Haas was the first to notice this, see the comment on my web page, (URL) notes Paul Haas was right about messages being grouped and parsed by lower 3 bits And lower, in the RXI handler: receive (...) (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)