 Robotics / 1648
    ROM stuff: Better than PWM —Kekoa Proudfoot
   So I was thinking about writing a motor driver that is better than what is in the ROM already. Here's the problem: You have a function called once every 1/1000th of a second. You want to allow n speeds of the motor at minimal cost in lookup tables. (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: ROM stuff: Better than PWM —Ben Laurie
     (...) Funny - I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing - and also basing it on Bresenham. I've always wondered about 1-bit D/A, but if you actually read the docco it is wrapped up in so much weird signal theory it is very hard to understand (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: ROM stuff: Better than PWM —Markus L. Noga
   (...) In fact, I'm using exactly this algorithm to drive the motors for my laser scanner - though the host platform is an embedded PC, not the RCX. I'm currently rewriting the motor drivers to: * keep an 1ms resolution system clock * call the task (...) (26 years ago, 19-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)