 Robotics / 16441
Re: Lego Good, SONY BAD!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:34:09 GMT

this is an interesting debate.

the argument these hacks will help sony sell machines and support devices
will never work with sony.

case in point, playstation emulators. by their own admission sony didn't
make money selling the hardware so it would stand to reason that if one
could emulate the hardware and still buy software they would stand to
only gain.

their stance is one that the experience may be degraded in some way some
how. it is just easier for them to say no and besides, they have a bevy
of lawyers that are getting paid regardless of whether they are working
or not.

lego mindstorm is a learning tool and begs to be taken apart. are their
third party manufactures whom produce lego parts?