 Robotics / 16365
Re: About firmwares
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:07:06 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Nathan Nesbit) writes:

Over LegOS the advantage is that it is easier to debug IMHO.

Why is it easier to debug?  How would you compare Lejos with NQC in
ease of debugging.

Mostly because Java is a safer language than C, there are a lot of
programming errors in C that you can't make in Java.

And if there's a runtime error in Lejos you get a nice exception,
with your firmware still alive.  When I tried legOS 1 1/2 years
ago it often just froze and I couldn't figure out why.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/