 Robotics / 16360
Re: RCX command center with Robotics Invention System 2.0.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:09:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Tim Hatch" <vbq@myrealbox.com> writes:
I have downloaded  rcxccext but I get a error message: Exception
EOleSysError in module RCXCCEXT.EXE at 000724D9 Class not Registered

A Class-not-registered error comes from ActiveX objects not being on your
system when the program was designed for use with them.  The most likely
cause of this (assuming you installed it off CD and didnt use any patches or
try to hack the software) is that Spirit.ocx is not on your system.  It
should reside in /windows/system/ directory, and I'm told wasn't included in
the 2.0 software.  You would have to acquire it off an original 1.0/1.5 CD.
Question:

How do I use RCX command center with Robotics Invention System 2.0.
I only can choice a COM port put I have a USB tower.
I have downloaded  rcxccext but I get a error message: Exception
EOleSysError in module RCXCCEXT.EXE at 000724D9 Class not Registered
How to solve this

You should definitely try using the most enhanced version of RcxCC that is
available today: BricxCC (renamed due to an e-mail from FairPlay at
lego.com).  This enhanced version of RcxCC supports the USB tower and does
not require the Spirit.ocx ActiveX control.  Download it from this page:

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm

You will also need the latest beta of NQC to download programs to the brick
using the USB tower.  Find it at:

http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/nqc/beta/nqc-win-2-4-a4.zip

If you have any problems give me an e-mail and I'll help.

John Hansen