 Robotics / 16344
Re: About firmwares
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:27:04 GMT

Hi, I'm a newbie on RCX, I just start to work on the RCX and I heard about LegOS and LejOS,
I´m worry about the speed of the LejOS vs LegOS, Can someone tell me something about it?

Well, LejOS is Java-based and Java is an interpreted language - so that will presumably
make it slower than a natively programmed machine-code/C system like LegOS.

I've never used LejOS - but I can certainly confirm that LegOS is *HUGELY* faster
than native RCX code.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net