 Robotics / 16182
    Re: Solar panels, capacitor —Robert Fay
   I have performed some experiments using the Lego Solar panels and capacitors to operate the RCX. I used the 5 volt configuration on my site at (URL) two AA batteries in series with the output of the solar capacitors. This resulted in a 7.5 volt (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Solar panels, capacitor —Tilman Sporkert (webMethods)
   I don't think it's practical to power the RCX with such small solar cells and capacitors. A device like the RCX does not like input voltage drops - the program will stop running, and the entire RCX will reset when power comes back up. Such drops are (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)