 Robotics / 16130
Re: LegOS forced to use another name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:49:02 GMT

Troy wrote:

I'll note, for the record, that TLG has been aware of legOS for 2 1/2
years without having ever publicly complained about it. I guess that's
what irritates me about this. They've had plenty of time to complain
about this before now.

So, if they had sued him 2.5 years ago, you would have supported them?  Just
wondering.

It's because of thinking like this that most companies would have sued him
long ago...

Troy

PS: I thought it was just common sense, atleast around here, that using
"lego" in the name of anything was not a smart thing to do.  I'm sure that
the OS would have done just as good had it been named NogOS or something.

This has all come as quite the surprise to me! As has been pointed out, TLC
must
have known about the LegOS name for quite a while!

Now I am getting slightly worried whether we (hitechnicstuff.com) might
come under
closer scrutiny since the middle of our name is technic. I had hoped that
people
would focus on the "hitech" bit, 'cos that's what the emphasis is on.

I guess we just have to wait and hope the spinning bottle doesn't end up
pointing in
our direction!

JB