 Robotics / 16127
  RCX 1.5, 2.0 firmware, and remote control

I've got an RCX 1.5, into which I've downloaded the 2.0 firmware. I've just got an Ultimate Accessory Set, and I can't get the RCX to respond to the remote control. I know the RC is definitely transmitting, but the RCX ignores it. Could this be an (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 1.5, 2.0 firmware, and remote control

(...) Hi Steve I don't think so. I downloaded the 2.0 firmware (3.28) to my RCX 1.0 and 1.5, and all of them respond properly to the remote control. I'm sorry I cannot help more. Mario (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 1.5, 2.0 firmware, and remote control

(...) The remote will not work if there is NO firmware in the brick. Make sure the LCD Screen says 0000 . If it doesn't then you have lost the firmware. (You lose it when the batteries are out) Otherwise try the remote on another brick. Dean (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 1.5, 2.0 firmware, and remote control

I don't think so. The rom routine will process remote control event, you don't need to download firmware! You can try Beep button, it will beep without firmware. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 1.5, 2.0 firmware, and remote control

(...) I just re-verified with my RCX 1.0 and remote control. With no firmware NOTHING works. My scout reported from the Remote as normal so I know the remote is working. The beep button does NOT work. Dean (...) (23 years ago, 11-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)