 Robotics / 1611
1610  |  1612
Subject:
Robot Battery Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 21:16:11 GMT

I'd like to program my robot to beep for attention when the batteries start
to wear down, however it appears that only the tower can query the battery
voltage.  I'd rather not have my computer query the robot and send the
battery level back to the robot as a 'message'.  Does anyone have any other
ideas?

Also - there's a command to 'float' the motors ( turn off magnetic braking )
is there any way to turn it back on.  Even when I turn the motors back on it
seems like the braking is still off.

Rodney