 Robotics / 16084
Re: ROBOLAB purchase. Thinks.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 08:52:20 GMT

Hi Bruce,

you would need to buy Mindstorms 1.5 and Robolab 2.0.1. Because there is
only a serial SUB9 cable for the infra red communication tower and your
iBook does not have such a plugin you also need an usb to serial adapter.
Keyspan has some adapters with one, two or four serial ports.

If you want to wait some time you would get Mindstorms 2.0 that comes with
an usb tower. The problem is that Robolab 2.0 does not drive the usb tower.
You have to wait for Robolab 2.5 that will come with a mac driver for the
usb tower. Robolab 2.5 is in beta test but I don't know when you can get the
final version.

Ralf