 Robotics / 15865
Re: Lego and Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:24:43 GMT

Have you tried ROBOLAB?  It was written on a Mac, and runs on Macs and PCs.
You are still going to need a USB-serial adapter though.  I think the Dacta
website lists compatible (tested) ones.  I've used the ones by Entrega and
Xircom successfully with the iMac.  I've had more success when turning off
AppleTalk too, since sometimes AppleTalk likes to think it has control of your
serial port.  I've also had more luck with the Palm-pilot 9-pin to mac-serial
adapter ($7) plugged into the PC grey LEGO cable then I have had with the black
LEGO Mac cable.

In lugnet.robotics, korvink@imtek.uni-freiburg.de writes:
Perhaps someone can help .. I have tried just about
all the advice that google has found me on the net.

I have an iMac, USB ports, Mindstorms 1.5. I hate
having to leave the house each time I want to download
my programs, but I just cannot get the iMac and the
brick to talk. Tried everything, also combinations of
software and hardware, etc. Any direct experience and
advice will be really appreciated.

Jan Korvink