 Robotics / 15778
Re: RCX with 9 - 12 V power input wanted.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 02:02:07 GMT

These RCX units are still available from PITSCO-DACTA (the Lego educational
distributor in the US) for $119

http://www.pldstore.com/pitsco2_30/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=497&secid=9&linkon=subsection&linkid=42

If you are interested in the remaining parts that come with the full RIS
set, plenty of version 1.0 sets show up with regularity on e-bay.  Prices
vary, but I've picked up more than a few in the $150 -$180 price range.
Given the price of sensors and other parts, the incremental cost over the
cost of just an RCX unit makes it cost effective.

I recall some warnings about the voltage provided from the AC adapter if
used with these - check earlier posts.  I can't comment - my use has been
battery only so far.

John