 Robotics / 15693
Re: Hardware Hack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:42:20 GMT

Hi !

I have done work in this area, but the original poster stated
that the things he'd already found were incompatible with the
Lego environment.

I take that to mean that the primary interest is in building a
go faster H3 powered brick.

I have been working with other CPUs, and thus disqualified myself!

JB

I think John Barnes made something like that w/ a more powerful
processor.  He used to have it on his site, but I can't find any pictures
there anymore.  He should be able to give you more information.

Andy

"Prof. Dr. Jan G. Korvink" wrote:

The resources on the net for getting into the Lego software, including
the very successfull alternatives, are quite stunning. Within a few
weeks I have come quite far, and the fun goes on.

Now I have a question about the hardware:

Has anyone heard of (or is themselves responsible) for a successful
hardware hack of the Lego RCX brick?

I am talking of "building your own from scratch".

I am well aware of alternative projects, such as basic stamps and
other motherboards that achieve similar results, but that are
incompatible with the Lego environment.

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Jan Korvink
--