 Robotics / 15563
  Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

After 9 months I finally put together the Web Page for my Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing. I invite you to check it out. (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

(...) controlled crossings in the near future...just haven't got a chance to get any Mindstorm sets... I think my inspiration came from the old classic 12 Volt level crossing with its own motorized lift gates and lights....you can still get this but (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

Benjamin Medinets wrote in message ... (...) Dean's works beautifully, very reliable (ran for an entire show day without the slightest hitch once he had it set up). Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

(...) similar, but used 4 light sensors, 2 in parallel like this: Crossing -> | | ===...=== <- Track X1 X2| |X3 X4 X2 & X3 are in parallel, when X1 is broken, boom goes down & stays down while either X1, X2 or X3 is broken. Similarly for X4. This (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

(...) I'm a programmer - and I have an evil mind... The train driver spots a JarJar Binks minifig standing at the crossing and with murderous intent he trundles swiftly past X1, X2 and X3 - and then stops...just far enough along to block X4 - but (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Mindstorms Controlled Train Crossing (Duel Track)

(...) That's what mine does. If any sensor is broken it starts a timer. If no sensors are broken after the timer expires they go up. This worked very well except for very short trains. Hence the plans for a third sensor right near the track to take (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.robotics)