 Robotics / 15320
Re: bio-sensor?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 20:56:38 GMT

that's one of the reasons I'm building the fast MindScope (100 Hz throughput),
see newsgroup lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc last week.
My goal is to measure in real time simultanuously the bloodflow (indeed by IR) and the ECG with the RCX, and display it in realtime on the PC.

I can tell you by now, that an unmodified light sensor has not enough resolution to reveal the bloodflow.

So wait and see.

mike fusion wrote:

i was thinking about this when i was talking with some friends about high
school.

we had a sensor array that was connected to an old (wasn't then) apple II or
something, anyways- the thing had a pulse sensor that could read through the
fingers by placing a cds light sensor and a light emitter on the tip of the
forefinger.  giving a pretty accurate reading.
the program i was workin in gave readings in 5 second allotments but i think
that even the rcx could do faster than that.

anybody see where i am going with this?

i don't have the time (looking for work and working on an automaton) but if
someone has a few spare moments do you think that this could be worked out
for a while?

mike "walking walking walking" fusion

--

met vriendelijke groet,