 Robotics / 1527
RE: On-topic: What IS that flipper thing in the MS Kit???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 05:23:35 GMT

Ah!!!!  I was wondering why the bottom was so loose fitting.  [Now I don't
have to use my teeth!(1) ]

Jeremy Morton
a-jeremm@microsoft.com

(1) I stopped doing that years ago... really!

-----Original Message-----
From: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com [mailto:lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 1998 8:47 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: On-topic: What IS that flipper thing in the MS Kit???

Assuming I have figured out what you mean by "that paddle/flipper
thing", it is a kind of LEGO wrench.  You can use it to pry apart pieces
that would otherwise be too difficult for your (adult) fingers.  Try it
out - stick two new 2x2 plates together.  You can easily separate them
by sticking them on another, larger part and putting the wrench on the
top one, then tilting the wrench 'handle' down.  The top two-stud
connector works similarly on the bottom of a part.

Thanks for posting on topic - I had just about given up hope for
today...

"Jeremy Morton (Excell Data Corporation) (Exchange)" wrote:

ON-TOPIC! :)

Has anyone found a good use for that paddle/flipper thing??  Like how to
securely attach it to anything?

Jeremy Morton
a-jeremm@microsoft.com

--