 Robotics / 15216
  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

Gordon -- (...) No offence taken. I think it's almost certainly doable completely onboard the RCX, and I considered this as an option. The reasons I didn't do this are as follows: 1. Couldn't think of a another good way of reading the cube facelets. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver : eyeball & turbo 'RCX'

(...) We have started to plan an autonomous "eyeball" using a modest color CMOS sensor 100x100 to 200x200 pixels. With 128x128 and 8 bit color, that's "only" 16 KBytes per image, with no compression. With some simple data reduction it could be much (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

(...) I have been sort of heading that way for the last few weeks. Mainly due to the cost, and the fact that I usually use the Light Sensor with the IR as sonar, and I was thinking that I might get better distance with a passive (CdS) sensor. My (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)