 Robotics / 15006
    Re: Programming the RCX... —Dean Hystad
   (...) I have to disagree. I personally have three fairly significant robotic applications in the field which were developed using a visual programming language. I must confess that the language was not purely visual. The software IC components were (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Programming the RCX... —Steve Baker
   (...) Connecting data paths between conventionally programmed chunks is not the same thing as "programming". (...) Yeah - *theoretically* - but in practice, people don't do that. (...) But it's still not a visual programming language...it doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Programming the RCX... —Dean Hystad
   (...) I have hard time seeing how taking simple constructs and organizing them into something which exhibits a behavior not anticipated by the author of the constructs is not programming. How does it differ from arranging textual tokens in a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Programming the RCX... —Dean Hystad
   (...) I love responding to my own post. I just checked out you website and see you are an explorer with an open mind (at least an open source mind). I, however, am an ass. Sorry (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)