 Robotics / 14984
Re: plans for dual differential gear train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 21:35:22 GMT

robbie berg <rberg@wellesley.edu> wrote in message
Can anyone point me to a set of plans for a "dual differential" gear
train made with Technic parts that allows one LEGO motor to control • driving
straight and a second motor to control turning?

I've seen a few examples of this, but they all use two differentials. I've
made one using just one differential, but is there a difference?
Actually, looking at the sites mentioned in this thread, it seems like the
outputs are A+B and A-B, whereas my one just has the outputs A and A+B. I'll
try making the two differential version tomorrow....
I've, er, answered my own question, so there's not really much point in
posting this message. Except that anybody with one differential will know
that something like this is possible without needing two. Er... I think I'll
stop writing now :-)

--
Philip Taylor
philip@zaynar.demon.co.uk