 Robotics / 14814
14813  |  14815
Subject:
Solar Capacitor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 23:12:33 GMT

I have been playing with a couple of Lego solar panels and the Capacitors.
http://bobfay.users5.50megs.com/Solar.htm
The label on the capacitor claims a value of 1 farad. Is this value possible
in such a small component? I always thought a 1 farad capacitor would need a
huge plate area. I am from the old school of vacuum tubes. I will say the
cap unit does a great job of supplying a nice regulated 2.5 volts. I am
really impressed with this unit.
--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net