 Robotics / 14782
  Re: Shutting off illumination LED on Light Sensor for LIDAR

This sounds very cool. If you want to do the mapping at the bottom, you will have to use alternitive firmware anyway (right?), and they have a passivate command that turns off the light. It passivates the sensor, but I don't think standard firmware (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Shutting off illumination LED on Light Sensor for LIDAR

(...) Maybe. I think RCX2 with NQC has some crude arrays, I haven't looked into them yet, but I might be able to use them to do simple mapping on the RCX. Or something even cruder if I don't have arrays. (...) Ahh. Hmm. I wonder what it actually (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)