 Robotics / 14755
Re: New Group?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 05:27:53 GMT

As the author of GBP I get 3 or 4 emails a week about it and there have been
9,647 hits (I just checked) or the download page since I installed the counter
about a year ago.

My only problem with the idea of setting up a GBP group is that it might force
me to produce the elusive version 2. However, it would be a good place to store
the answer to the much asked question "who is Gordon?".

Malcolm S Powell

In lugnet.robotics, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.robotics, David Martineau writes:
Hey Todd (and others), I was thinking it was time for a sub-group for those
of us using 'Gordon's Brick Programmer". Maybe lugnet.robotics.rcx.gbp ? _I_
could sure use some group support... Are there enough of us out there to
make it worthwhile?

Well, sometimes there's only one way to find out -- build it and see if they
come.  If we create a group/list for it and it turns out DOA then we can
either delete it or ignore it.  If there's a user-base for GBP, and you've
got esoteric/detailed stuff to talk about, it's no problem for me whatsoever
to get a group/list set up here for that.  The .rcx subhierarchy of
robotics was set up for in-depth focused esoteric things just like this.
I'll create the group if a couple more people speak up in favor of it or if
the software's author requests it.

--Todd