 Robotics / 14745
RE: RCX & Cybermaster (VLL comms and MicroScout)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:08:21 GMT

I think that  a pBrick like RCX or CM isn't fast enough to detect PWM
cycles.
Don't know the speed of a legOS program.
On top of that, I think that the sensors detect resistance, not voltage.

You can do this test yourself, using two RCX's or one RCX connected to
itself.
(That was what I did when I only had a CyberMaster. I did the tests
connecting it to itself, eheh)

Anyway, I'm doing the SlowVLL library in NQC because I want the CM to both
*send* AND *receive* data from RCX. Some applications, send-only will do,
but there's some projects that I need the CM to receive feedback data from
the RCX.
This is why I never tried this PWM "reading" technique, myself.

Nevertheless, thanks for the idea :)