 Robotics / 14744
RE: Need for chat server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 11:50:06 GMT

Yes, I also like the static facilities of message-boards, newsgroups and
mailing-lists, because it becomes a searchable info resource.

To me, the use of a LUGnet IRC server (or simply a #LUGnet channel in any
other ircnet), would be useful to simply *chat* with other fellow Lego users
and to *exchange* URL's/Web pages/resources/links.

Many questions would be answered simply with a "Hey, look it up at LUGnet,
I've seen a thread about that :)" or "hmmm... I think I'll send an edited
version of this log to lugnet.robotics. We've discussed some good stuff
today. What do you all think ?" or simply to have conversations like:
----------------8<-----------------------------------------------------
<afol> need ideas to a project with a RCX and a MicroScout
<legofan> hmmm... maybe a robotic arm with a MS controlled Claw ? But I
dunno how to control the MS with a RCX.
<afol> oh, that's easy, I'll use RCX2's VLL commands
<legofan> duh? where can I get RCX2 firmware ?
<afol> erm... can't remember the URL, search LUGnet for "RCX2 firmware"
<otherguy> You don't need RCX2 firmware to send VLL commands. Check
lugnet.robotics for "VLLlib.nqc" or something like that

By the way, I used to hand around Undernet. Nowadays I'm at a Portuguese
ircnet (PTnet.org) and do some visits to other ircnets when I need to speak
to someone or check some channels out.

mc.