 Robotics / 1474
RE: Space Shuttle Costs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:44:50 GMT

This is true not only for English but for Spanish as well. In Spain 1
billion = 10 to the 12th, and I believe this is true in France as
well... probably the same for all European countries.

In the US, 1 billion = one thousand millions (10 to the 9th)

Spain (and probably rest of Europe):  1 billion = one million millions
(10 to the 12th)