 Robotics / 14707
  Re: Curved Feet

Andy, I think the curved foot concept is the wrong direction for a two-legged mechanism. The few simple two-legged mechanisms I have seen rely on two feet, each with a VERY large footprint. Each footprint is large enough to support the weight of the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

/nitpick on/ (...) Technically, you can't move your knee joint laterally. As for lateral toe movement - it's so small as to be trivial. /nitpick off/ Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Curved Feet

Well, if you read the page, you will find that they did papers on this principle. Try looking one directory back. Anyway, in the paper A 3-D passive-dynamic walking robot with two legs and knees, they described how they built the robot. Since thier (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)