 Robotics / 14672
Re: Turntables and Chains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:50:59 GMT

Chris 'Xenon' Hanson wrote:

   I've been scoping out a few odds and ends pieces at S@H, and
was hoping to buy some turntables and some chain drive to try
building my own syncro bot.

   I can't find any reference to what kit the large turntables
come in, and I can only find chain in 35-link packs.

You can buy both turntables and chains from the Pitsco Dacta
people (neither are very cheap!)   35 chain links really don't
go very far - each link ends up being only the size of two gear
teeth. It takes 20 links just to go once around a 40t gear wheel!

Pitsco sell chain links in packs of ~100 IIRC - that's really
a more useful amount.

I don't know what sets contain turntables (but I bet someone
here does).  They cost about $10 for two of them from Pitsco
(*ouch*).

    www.pitsco-legodacta.com

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>