 Robotics / 14669
    Turntables and Chains —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
    I've been scoping out a few odds and ends pieces at S@H, and was hoping to buy some turntables and some chain drive to try building my own syncro bot. I can't find any reference to what kit the large turntables come in, and I can only find chain in (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Turntables and Chains —Steve Baker
     (...) You can buy both turntables and chains from the Pitsco Dacta people (neither are very cheap!) 35 chain links really don't go very far - each link ends up being only the size of two gear teeth. It takes 20 links just to go once around a 40t (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Alternative source of chain links: dah bikes —Miguel Agullo
   Another way to gather chain links is to pick up the semi-older motorbike sets from ebay, which generally go for sensible prices. I'm referring specifically to sets 8838 and 8422. Clocking at 240+ and 310+ pieces, they provide plenty of non-beam (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics)