 Robotics / 14644
Re: killer mindsorms robots [I just got it!]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 04:11:24 GMT

My wife surprised me and actually *went* to my wishlist on amazon, and
ordered me 'Killer Mindstorms an Advanced Guide'

I'm gonna sit down with it more this weekend, but I already am planning a
trip to the local Radio Shack to get parts for the homebrew sensors
part...just skimming it, it looks fantastic...the coin sensor looks awesome!
I have all kinds of cool ideas for coin operated robots now...heh heh...

Anyway, it looks like a great book so far, as it's 'advanced', and it
appears to be broken into four 'sections'
1. Mindstorms By Dave Baum
2. pbForth By Ralph Hempel
3. LegOS By Luis Villa
4. last, but not least...'Homebrew Sensors' Micheal Gasperi

I'm gonna read it hopefully this weekend and try to post a decent review on
Amazon...

Hope this helps!

"Alan Carmack" <amenpage@earthlink.net> wrote in message
anybody have or have read the book Killer Mindstorm Robots by Gordon • McComb,
just came out this year. ISBN: 0071370404

Storm the LEGO castle with this complete guide to designing, building, and
programming "combots" (combat robots) using the LEGO Mindstorm robotics • set

Sixteen heavily-illustrated construction plans walk designers
step-by-robotic-step through the process of building wheeled, tracked, and
walking machines

Each plan comes with a "Front Line Briefing Sheet" replete with battle
tactics, suggestions for design improvements, and programming hints (IBM
compatible).

**Available from barnesandnoble.com and booksamillion.com but apparently • not
yet from amazon.

Alan Carmack
Pflugerville, Texas