 Robotics / 14642
Re: Vision Command Nightmare (long post)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:30:38 GMT

Are you running an AMD Processor on your TX5 ?  I found some obscure
references that say the logitech software and the LEGO(R) stuff won't run on
certain K6's.  My K6-300 and my K6-233 do exactly what you describe : (  I
took mine to work and it works just fine on machines with Intel (ICK!)
processors...

"Chris Osborn" <fozztexx@pez.fullsystem.com> wrote in message
In article <GA5zuq.Msy@lugnet.com>, Mike Broam <cybrid26@hotmail.com> • wrote:
I don't blame lego for the problem.

I brought my VC camera into work to use as a webcam last week. I've
yet to get it to work. I had it working fine at home on a PII system,
but something about this ABIT TX5 board just gives me a black
screen. I also tried the "Fix it" button, but after it deletes and
re-installs the drivers, it tells me "everything is working
correctly." The little light on the camera even comes on. But I still
get no video signal (and I've noticed the mic doesn't work either).

Just for kicks I uninstalled all of Lego's software (took 2 tries). I
then went to Logitech's site and downloaded their software for the
Quickcam Web. It installs and sees the Lego camera just fine, but it
does the exact same thing, no video. It appears that it's actually the
same exact software, it just doesn't say "Lego" on it. I was hoping
software from Logitech's site would be newer and have already dealt
with the problem.

Logitech's site also mentions my problem in troubleshooting, but they
blame the problem on a bunch of offbrand chipsets. I'm not using one
of those chipsets, I've got an Intel 82371AB, so none of their
suggestions are any good.

I'd really like to get the camera to work on this computer so we can
have 3 live webcams for my next project (see
http://www.fozztexx.com/SoreThumbCoaster), but it looks like it's just
not gonna happen.

--
Chris Osborn                      Full System, Inc.
fozztexx@fullsystem.com           2160 Jefferson St., #240