 Robotics / 14604
Re: Solenoid Pnuematic Valve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 22:51:07 GMT

I'm no sure if those are the ones, but a long time ago somebody tried these:

http://www.pneutronics.com/new/xvalve.htm

I'm not sure of the results, but would be interested to find out about
either of them.

Martin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Klein" <marc.klein@free.fr>
To: <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 3:56 AM
Subject: Re: Solenoid Pnuematic Valve

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:11:09 GMT, Jeffrey Hazen • <jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net> wrote:

I have finally found a tiny solenoid valve for use with the RCX.  It fits
into a 2x4 stud brick, and runs off one of the motor outputs.  All I had • to
add was a resistor, a zener (the valve runs on 3 VDC), and a diode • (reverse
voltage stop).  It's really neat.  Did I mention it fits into a 2x4 • brick?

Was it these valves ?
http://www.microhydraulics.com/EFSWEB/2186.htm
If not, they seem intersting, but I have no information about cost, • availibility, efficency with RCX. I just found that
in a magazine.

Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.