 Robotics / 14594
14593  |  14595
Subject:
What is an RCX 2.0?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 01:36:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm a little stumped.

I just received a RIS 1.5 set, and inside was a yellow brick labelled RCX
2.0.  I'm reasonably familiar with the RCX 1.0, and I have a 1.0 with a
power jack.  This one has no power jack.

Is this...physically the same as a 1.0 minus jack, and therefore like the
RCX 1.0's that came without in the later RIS 1.5 shipments?

...or is it a new model?  I've searched around but only found information
about the RCX 2.0 firmware.  My assumption is the board/hardware has not
changed save the silkscreen printing on the brick and the power jack, which
left in later RIS 1.5's anyways.

Calum