 Robotics / 14514
14513  |  14515
Subject:
Wall transformer for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:29:57 GMT

I have seen a number of post asking the same question,

What to use for external power for the RCX (ver 1.0)

I have been using RadioShack;

cat # 273 1631  -  9v 800mA AC

This transformer has the correct size jack. The output voltage
is adjustable. I cut a small length of wooden toothpick and wedge
it in the slot in the switch to make sure it doesn't accidently get
adjusted to a setting greater than 9v.

One post asked about the connector polarity. It's AC so it doesn't
matter.

I have happily run all three motor ports at once with the rated 800mA
with no problems.

JB