 Robotics / 14513
14512  |  14514
Subject:
How big is too big?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:27:28 GMT

I have a NQC program that is not working properly.  However, when ever I
complie and run a smaller section of the code it works fine.

The basics of the code is the following:

1. wait until you get a valid message from RCX1 (code is for RCX2)
2. go into movement routine
   - turn 180 degrees
   - move forward until you see a black pad on the floor (floor is white)
3. send message to RCX3
4. wait for message from RCX3
5. go into movement routine
   - turn 180 degrees
   - move forward until you see a black pad on the floor
6. send message to RCX1

The program will work okay in sending the messages from RCX1 -> RCX2 -> RCX3
and back it will NOT however move forward.  It will do its turns however.

When I run a smaller segment of the program (starting at turn 180 and go
forwrds until you reach the black pad) everything works okay.

I'm not sure if the code in the program is too big for the memory of the RCX
or if something else is wrong?

Can someone please help.

Visit my page to get a download of both codes.
http://www.geocities.com/jedi_agh/temp/NQC_UAV.htm